Like all software, BoltWire needs periodic updates. We are committed to providing security patches, bug fixes, and feature enhancements as needed. Plus, we are continually looking for ways to make our software even smarter. We try to log changes coming out in the next release on this page.
Our current focus is polishing up version 6.0 and then updating our expansion modules. Other than that, BoltWire is mature and running smooth. To report a bug or request a new feature, please use our mailing list.CHANGES IN THE NEXT RELEASE
- Slight fix to the before and after conditionals to make it possible to submit timestamps directly to the conditionals.
- Added an easy show parameter to the counter function to make it easy to simply report count, without incrementing it.
- Added a way to convert time = 3 or 03 to either March or Tuesday by setting fmt to "month" or "week". A handy shortcut.
- Added an escape parameter to all functions to override whether or not output is escaped (true) or not (false). Useful when you want output from a function that is normally escaped for use as a parameter in another function. I think this may have been in 5.xx, but stripped out in 6.xx. It's now back!
- I've been leaving error messages on in my home server, and fixing various php warning messages.
- Figured out a clever way to allow you to use the legend in an info page right in your info variable. Just use the legend key instead of the part index. Super cool!
- Updated math function to use PHP 7's improved error catching method. Still works on PHP 5. The old method didn't work on PHP 7.
- Fixed slight bug so returns whole value of an info field, if no parts are specified, and you call for part #1.
- Fixed authorizations bug to allow proper hierarchical rules on data checks. Before, test.page had to match test.page or *. Now it properly matches test* as well.
- Reworked @owner group to apply to info and data checks, and it matches any page that ends in the member id. It no longer works in other site auth pages. This could effect existing sites if you use the owner group elsewhere.
- Fixed what appears to be a bug, that the normal action.missing page is not being displayed when action is set to print. I think this is working now. It could possibly change behavior, though I have noticed no complications.
- I added commented out hooks for 'myBOLTwatch' functions which can be used to track where specific pages are called, or functions, commands, conditionals, etc. I'm using these myself as my library of custom scripts has grown significantly over the last 10 years on my production site, and I'm in the process of pruning some of this. If you want to know how to use these, let me know...
- Fixed a bug in the math function when your output is 0. Actually, it is a php error leading to weird results.
- After a bit of time to log deprecated search queries, we'll upload a new "query" function so you can start fixing them. And then in a later release we'll expire it. This is the only big part of the 6.x upgrade left to do.
- Fix a small bug that causes certain conditionals to fail that include an opening or closing parenthesis in a parameter.