Like all software, BoltWire needs periodic updates. We are committed to providing security patches, bug fixes, and feature enhancements as needed. Plus, we are continually looking for ways to make our software even smarter. We log completed changes coming out in the next release on this page.
Our current focus is polishing up version 6.0 and updating our Unleashed service. Other than that, BoltWire is mature and running smooth. To report a bug or request a new feature, please use our Support Area.
CHANGES IN THE NEXT RELEASE This release is primarily cleaning up the code here and there to get it to a more polished state... Some could (unlikely) be disruptive--that's why I haven't done them before now...
- Changed the default home page from main to welcome. If you are using the default main page, you will need to set homePage: main and/or homeMobile: main in site.config. Important!
- Set up a special routine to dynamically load custom functions, commands, and conditions. Add an entry like BOLTFoptimize: optimize.php to site.dynafunc and the plugin will load automatically when needed--assuming optimize.php is in your config folder or shared plugins folder. This has the advantage of only loading rarely used scripts when they are needed. Works great!
- Purged the $BOLTzone parameter from all the functions still using it, and updated all the system scripts. Will not affect markup, but if you are calling BOLTFinfo, BOLTFsearch, BOLTFquery, or BOLTFgeturl in a plugin with two or more parameters, you will need to delete the second parameter. I also deleted the final $data parameter (#4) in the BOLTFinfo function as it seems to serve no purpose in any script I could find. Note: These changes could affect existing plugins if you use them. I created a scriptmanager plugin that allows me to instantly scan all my scripts for where functions like this are used in plugins. Very useful for tracking down stuff like above. Let me know if you need to use it.
- Similarly, I decided to remove the $field parameter in all commands. You'll want to review all your plugins to rewrite the input parameters to skip $field and make sure any calls to a command do not take a second parameter. I wanted to get rid of the $value parameter and just use $args like we do in our conditions and functions, but that would be a bit involved. Maybe for another time.
- New query function defaults to current page if no page specified. Small detail. :)