Congratulations! You've made it to the final guide in our Welcome Tour. You now have a basic idea how BoltWire works, and a hint of what it can do. That means you are just about ready to get busy building your site!
But actually, there's one more thing I recommend doing next:
If you are not yet a member, let me encourage you to plug into our BoltWire community. It costs nothing to join, and it takes just a second or two. It's a great way to rub shoulders with others who are using BoltWire to build engaged, interactive communities.
As a member you will have access to a number of special benefits:
1) Email notifications of updates, new features, and security patches to BoltWire and it's core engine. Upgrades are free any time there is a new release.
2) Our Growth Guides. Get regular tips on how to add specific functionality to BoltWire: build a blog, create an rss feed, process credit card, and more. As a member, we'll notify you of each new post.
3) Priority support. Ask a question in our FAQ area, and we'll do our best to get back with you, and put a personal answer right in your message box.
4) Join the discussion. Leave a comment on one of our documentation pages. Suggest ways to improve our tutorials, ask a question, or report a bug. Your input helps make BoltWire better for everyone!
5) Access special skins, language packs, and plugins in our Downloads Area. Easy ways to expand the core engine.
If you are a developer, there's an even better way to plugin. Consider joining our Developers Network. It a friendly mailing list for those who want to explore the inner workings of BoltWire and help shape its development. Hobbiest coders welcome!
This concludes our welcome tour. You now have all the info you need to get started. And you know what your next step is:
Log into your site, and look for a link that says "Site Checklist". Click that, and start working through the instructions there. Basically it's a cheatsheet of all the pages and settings you are most likely to want to customize. Knock out that checklist, and it should help get all the basics of your site in place.
If you get stuck, or you are not sure how to do something on your site that you want, explore The Handbook. There's a vast realm of possibilities in our core engine, and most of it is documented there. The more you know, the more you can do!
We do offer a number of Pro Accelerators to help you implement certain advanced features on your site more quickly. Consider taking one of these to speed up your development time.
And last but not least, if you are not sure you want to manage all the complexities of developing a site by yourself, consider our Hosting Service. We only accept a limited number of hosting clients each month so we can provide red carpet support and service. But if you are accepted, we will partner with you to ensure your success in getting your site to full launch. It's the fastest way to get your community growing!
Congrats again on completing this welcome tour. All the best as you knock out that Site Checklist...
No comments yet...
To read more articles, or leave a comment, join our FREE community...