BlogDocs > Extensions > Plugins > Blog
The core distribution now comes with a simplified blog plugin to help you get started publishing quicker. It just uses core code, and consists of several pages designed to help you start blogging immediately.
Feel free to customize these as desired, use them as is, or just use them for inspiration to create an entirely different structure to your blog. It's fully up to you.
Features in this basic blog include:
- Each post is timestamped
- Each post has a headline that is display on the main blog page.
- You can control how many recent posts are displayed.
- Logged in members can post comments.
- All comments are logged on site.comments for easy moderation.
- You can allow multiple authors.
- You can schedule when posts go live.
- Post content, titles, and comments can be easily edited.
- And much more...
There are many other ways to design a blog however. On the BoltWire site, for example, which runs off our accelerator platform, we save blog posts as a draft until they are ready to publish. We use a special blog admin page in the site area to manage posts, and we use an info page to schedule when the blog posts go live. We also use actual page names rather than timestamps, which makes pages easier to read. And to republish! We also index blog content which makes searching for an old blog post quick and easy. And we have more interactive comments with profile pics and tagging. And we display posts with recent comments in the side menu using the lastmodified sort parameter.
If you would like access to a more sophisticated blogging platform, consider our Hosting program. It's turn key and ready to go. No guess work and instant results! :)