Below is a copy of the BoltWire license. It is designed to give you flexible use of the software, with only minimal restrictions (specifically immoral and illegal purposes--and redistribution). Please read it carefully. For questions about this software, its license, and allowed uses, feel free to contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2013, Dan Vis, All rights reserved.
Web: www.boltwire.com, Email: email@example.com
BoltWire is written to make it easy for individuals with limited programming experience to have sophisticated, and interactive sites. I'm not sure what kind of license it will be released under ultimately, but I've come up with this license in the mean time:
1) BoltWire is available for individuals, who wish to use it for their own websites--whether personal or commercial. There is no cost for using BoltWire, though a gift to help support the development of BoltWire is appreciated.
2) BoltWire is also available for developers providing web design services to others. In return for using BoltWire, developers are encouraged, but not required to participate in the BoltWire community: by offering suggestions for code improvement, reporting bugs, answering questions on the BoltWire mailing list, contributing plugins, and/or assisting with the documentation at www.boltwire.com. All help is greatly appreciated!
3) BoltWire may not be used for immoral or illegal purposes, including but not limited to sites with adult content, gambling, pirated intellectual property, etc. If you have any questions, please contact me at the address above.
4) BoltWire may not be sold or redistributed in any form, with or without modification, apart from written consent from me. This includes offering a web hosting service featuring Boltwire. Please refer others who wish to use BoltWire to the BoltWire website directly.
5) A copy of this entire license must be included with all installations of BoltWire, including the following disclaimer.
THIS SOFTWARE, WITH ALL UPDATES AND EXTENSIONS RELEASED FROM TIME TO TIME (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO SKINS AND PLUGIN SCRIPTS) IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR ANY CONTRIBUTOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR FOR PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS, OR ANY BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, HOWEVER CAUSED AND IN RELATION TO ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, WHETHER ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE OR WHETHER SUCH DAMAGE IS FORSEEABLE OR NOT.
6) This license is subject to change at the sole discretion of the copyright holder at any time, with changes applying to upgrades only. Please read the license with each upgrade to confirm there have been no changes to the terms of this license.