Here are the basic steps to adding Google's free analytics service to your site. This assumes you already have an account on Google.
Create a new profile
- Go to the Google Analytics page, and log in using your Google username and password.
- Click "Add Website Profile" If you don't see that option, click on "Analytics Settings" in the upper left hand corner.
- Enter your website's URL, and any other request fields, then click "Finish" at the bottom of the page.
Embed in your Website
- Go to your BoltWire website and login as an admin.
- Create a new code embed page like code.embed.analytics.
- Add the following to a footer or bottom zone [(embed analytics)]
Check it is working
At this point you can make sure everything is working by going back to Google and under "Analytic Settings", at the end your BoltWire website line, click "Check Status" It should say "Tracking Status: Waiting for Data".
Please keep in mind that it may take up to 24 hours for Google to gather data.