Like all software, BoltWire needs periodic updates. We are committed to providing security patches, bug fixes, and feature enhancements as needed. Plus, we are continually looking for ways to make our software even smarter.
- A case parameter to make it easy to run multiple conditions and only use the first match
- A before and after conditional for use with times/dates
- Hooks for encrypting or decrypting BoltWire files
- Options for stronger password encryption
- Changes to how remember me buttons work for better security
- Better tracking of login attempts to prevent brute force attacks
- Tighter security of password recovery techniques
COMING SOON--Version 6.0?
- Change the preg_replace functions using the /e parameter with preg_replace_callback, as that has been deprecated in php 5.5
- Create a new dir syntax for use in searching, checking if exists, uploading imgs, and saving pages. The syntax will recognize a dir=@shared, @system, @whatever, or even @shared/img. It will also conceivably allow things like [(search dir=@shared/pages,@system,@library1)] to search multiple folders. This will cause some deprecation, but not much--and will unify our syntax across all instances of the dir parameter.
- Create a new query function which would replace the roughly synonymous [(search query=some.page)] and [(list info=some.page)]. This would involve some reworking of all the related library functions but should give us greater stability and flexibility. In the meantime, can add when capabilities to the info function, and parts capabilities to more of the info processors.
- Create some new simple utilities: BOLTget and BOLTput for read/write of any value (page, anchor, data, info, part--just forwards to the right function). Then go through and update the core code and plugins.