A Great Release...
|Posted November 16, 2015|
Just uploaded version 5.06. It's a really great release with lot's of neat stuff in it. But even more than the features, it illustrates really well my goals for every release. Here's what I like about this one:
- Multiple tweaks. Several features tweaked in small ways to make them smarter, easier to use, and/or more powerful
- Nothing broken. Nothing in this release requires any change to existing sites. Our current syntax is good.
- Bug free. It's been more than a month and I don't think there has been a single bug report. Happy to say we needed ZERO fixes in this version.
- Something smart. The new source parameter in commands unlocks loads of possibilities--creating entirely new options for virtually every command. And it only took one line of code.
- Something new and cool. The start script can now create .htaccess files for cleanurls and even an index.php forwarder. A bit experimental--but works GREAT for me! Can get a brand new site with cleanurls going in 5 seconds.
- Streamlined code. Finally got rid of all the flags for deprecated features and the corresponding code to support those features. Currently NOTHING is deprecated.
What more could you want in a release? And yes, it's still under 100k.
I'm also really happy with the way the alert system works. Thrilling to see my sites instantly notify me of the new release and prompt me to download. Cool.
Speaking of which, I'm super happy to say my main site (which is extremely complex and interactive) is running like a top. BoltWire has proved to be a perfect platform for my web development. Thanks to everyone for their ideas and support...